Of course, you’re looking for a Wistia alternative!
Not necessarily because it’s a bad product but because maybe:
- it doesn’t have a feature or functionality you need
- you’re looking to see what Wistia’s competitors offer
- you want to see what pricing is like with their competitors
Whatever the case is, I’ve got some powerful video hosting platforms to share here today that are great alternatives to Wistia.
What are the best Wistia alternatives out there?
Here’s eleven of them — with their pricing, features, screenshots of their user interface, and more:
If you’ve been looking for Wistia alternatives for a while now, you’d know Vimeo usually tops the list. It’s probably the biggest competitor to Wistia.
It started in November 2004, and it enables users to view, create, embed, and share their videos. Vimeo is one of the most seamless, powerful, efficient, affordable, and comprehensive platforms of its kind today.
And since it’s an all in one platform, you can spend more time on other important tasks — because you won’t have to deal with the various gaps filling one service does not offer can be daunting.
Vimeo offers almost the same feature as Wistia. But a major difference between the two is Vimeo has much cheaper pricing plans.
Vimeo’s key features:
- 250GB every year for their basic plan
- Publish videos on any channel
- Professional live streaming
- Customizable video player
- Enterprise-level features
- Advanced analytics
- Screen recording
Vidyard is a video hosting and publishing platform that helps companies to easily upload their videos across the web. The company was founded in 2010 by Nathan Rutkoski, Jason Lemkin and Amiad Finkelstein.
Like the other tools I’ve featured in this post, you won’t have to worry about any hardware requirements. Vidyard’s video hosting solutions has a streamlined process for adding videos (using a customizable embeddable player) to your website or landing and managing them afterwards.
On top of that, using its bulk upload feature, you can upload or play multiple videos at a time. Videos are stored in the cloud, so you can make updates quickly without having to download them each time.
Vidyard’s key features:
- A free plan with unlimited uploads and recording
- 3-second GIFs to embed into your emails
- Fast video uploads in almost any format
- Manage user permissions
- Video personalization
- Quick video editing
- Easy integrations
3. Hippo Video
Hippo Video is a video hosting service that allows you to create and share video content.
With the click of a button, you can upload your videos to our cloud-based servers where they will be accessible from anywhere in the world. The Hippo Video player offers various customization options for playback such as adjusting the size, text colour, speed up or slow down playback, looping and more!
But as you know, success with any video content is not just about pushing the publish button. It’s more about the content of your videos.
- Video CTAs (add interactive buttons for higher engagement & conversion rates)
- Personalization (record personalized videos for each viewer)
- Video teleprompter (read scripts on screen while recording)
- Video editor (trim, crop, add texts, green screen, etc)
- Record videos using webcam or screen recording
- Easily share videos on any platform
- Align video player with your brand
Muvi is an OTT (over the cable) platform that provides a highly scalable cloud video streaming solution. So if you’re looking to create a video on demand (VoD) platform like a web television or Live TV, then Muvi may be what you’re looking for.
But it’s best for large publishers & content networks, so if you’re not from that space, then it might not be your best fit.
Muvi’s key features:
- Host videos on white-labelled iOS and Android apps
- Host videos on completely white-labelled websites
- Allow users to upload user-generated content
- Accept payments in almost any currency
- Live streaming and on-demand videos
- Branded Apple TV app
Of course, you know this one already. YouTube needs no introduction.
It’s mostly popular as a platform for watching videos. But as you know, it’s also a tool to host, share, and manage videos. Using YouTube Studio, you can upload any videos you want, trim your clips quickly, or combine multiple videos into one.
You can also edit videos to your taste without having to start from scratch each time. This means you get to save hours editing videos!
YouTube’s key features:
- Adjust elements like sound, voice textures, and visual effects
- Do as much colour corrections as needed
- Organically reach more viewers for free
- Edit videos with your smartphone
- Export high-quality videos
6. Sprout Video
Sprout Video is another powerful Wistia Alternative. It provides a live and on-demand video hosting platform that allows you to create, upload, and share videos with your customers and potential customers.
You can also protect your video content using security features such as password protection and IP address restriction. You can also use the product’s analytics dashboard to track viewer engagement and watch time.
And since Sprout Video’s video player is built to work with your existing infrastructure, you can easily embed videos into your WordPress, HubSpot, or any type of website architecture or application.
Sprout Video’s key features:
- Video SEO capabilities
- Social media sharing buttons
- Measure average time watched
- Easily embeddable video player
- Measure video completion rates
- Show or hide video player controls
- Identify the people watching your videos
- Know the number of returning vs unique viewers
- Align video player colours to match your branding
- Allow viewers to select resolution and playback speed
Animoto makes it easy for marketers (and anyone, really) to create professional marketing videos. So it’s best if you’re trying to create videos to promote a product or service.
It offers a free trial, so you can try it before you buy. Upload your text, images and video clips then drag and drop them into scenes.
You also get access to high-quality video templates for your scenes — with plenty of branding options. And you can create, edit, and manage from your desktop or mobile device!
The product has gained lots of love from the media over the years, too. It’s probably one of the most awarded video creators on the Internet, with awards from top brands and media outlets like SXSW, TechCrunch, Webby, BBC, NBC’s Tech Now, and many more.
Animoto’s key features:
- 1 million+ commercially licensed photos & videos from Getty Images
- Make photo videos or slideshows with background music
- Plenty of storyboard templates to choose from
- Create personalized or branded videos
- Create high quality video (HD 1080p)
- Over 3,000 licensed music tracks
- Edit images for your videos
Cincopa is an all-inclusive online video & media platform offering enterprise solutions for marketing teams, secure internal communication, publishers & media companies, education and sales.
Cincopa makes it simple to upload your videos and delivers enterprise solutions with security best practices. It also provides value-added features like enterprise live streaming solutions, creating and sharing of image galleries & slideshows, and so on. It’s used by teams all over the world including those from organizations like ICM, The New School, and United to Heal.
Cincopa’s key features:
- Video Channels: create a branded video channel
- Screencast and webcam recording
- Online video course tools
- Video for sales features
- Media assets library
- In-Video search
- Image hosting
Kaltura is a powerful, flexible solution that enables you to easily create and manage any type of video experience. It’s a widely deployed enterprise-class solution for managing, distributing, and digital media monetization.
It’s mainly used by thousands of enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions. They use Kaltura to help their viewers interact with their content in new ways — from commenting on videos to sharing them across social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
Kaltura’s key features:
- Video content management capabilities
- Live and Video On Demand playback
- Customizable branding options
- Video performance analytics
- Interactive video elements
- Screen reader and captions
Varies depending on features you’re looking for.
VidGrid is the only interactive video platform that enables you to ask and answer questions, get live feedback from viewers, provide instant updates on what’s happening in the video feed; giving your viewer insight into an otherwise unscripted and unpredictable situation.
VidGrid is easy to use and truly revolutionary in terms of marketing communication with prospects. The capability of recording, hosting, in-video questioning (survey/polls), interactive captions (which include links), integrations (email campaign forms) are all features VidGrid provides – most notably through its custom videos API.
VidGrid’s key features:
- Manage videos in folders
- Editing tools to blur, trim, or crop videos
- Use call-to-action (CTA) buttons to drive conversions
- Engagement tools like in-video questions, surveys, and polls
- Allow viewers to react with videos with comments and emojis
- Full control over the security and privacy of your videos
- Video analytics
Starts at $500/mo for training videos and $1000/mo for Business and Education.
Brightcove is another popular video hosting platform and a great Wistia alternative.
You get access to the intuitive media and design tools for interactive and live video production — plus the expertise of their global team of experts.
Access to all in-house storytelling services means they go hand in hand with your vision from start to finish.
And given its suite of enterprise-level features, BrightCove is best for brands that want more than just ordinary content, but professional videos with captivating storytelling campaigns that can compete on an international level.
Brightcove’s key features:
- Video marketing suite: interactive content, video sharing, in-depth analytics, etc
- Video cloud platform: content management, security, 24/7 support, etc
- Live streaming: video on demand, live clipping for social, etc
- Monetize video content using Brightcove Cloud Playout
- Developer-friendly html5 player
Depends on the specific features you need. You’ll have to contact them for pricing.
Panopto helps you capture and share your videos in an easy way.
It’s a great alternative to Wistia that lets you host and manage video recordings. And this can be videos you record for more products for marketing, meetings, training, quality management goals or any other possible use.
It’s also especially great for educational institutions. So if you’re looking to set up virtual classrooms or department/campus-wide video solutions, Panopto is a great software to consider.
Panopto’s key features:
- Automatic transcription and captioning
- Record/manage videos on mobile
- Intuitive quizzing on videos
- Video search & discovery
- Security for video data
- Online video editing
- Live streaming
So, which of these Wistia alternatives should you pick?
There’s almost no tool that’ll provide everything you’re looking for, you just need to pick the one that’s closest to what you’re looking for.
So there really is no single best alternative to Wistia. There are only the ones that are best for your unique situation. This means you’ll need to compare the features of each alternative to determine what’s best for you. Take free trials too before committing to annual or monthly subscriptions.
Hope this helps your search.